Which Cleaning Robots work Best?

The best cleaning robots make your life easier past doing housework while you do something else.

Female on sofa lifts legs as one of the best cleaning robots vacuums popcorn off the floor

As I sit typing this, I'chiliad also cleaning the business firm. That is to say, my robot vacuum and mopping robot are doing information technology. In a few minutes, the robot litter-box volition likewise clean itself. For someone who grew upwardly watching Rosie the Robot Maid on The Jetsons, this is a dream come true. I nonetheless wouldn't heed having a flight car like theirs, heed you. But I'one thousand patient. We'll get there.

All the same, the fact is that I haven't vacuumed or mopped a flooring or scooped the litterbox in months, thanks to my cleaning robots. I can't tell you how amazing that is. So, while a robot vacuum costs more than a regular vacuum, it pays for itself by freeing upward your time. The aforementioned goes for a mopping robot or a robot litter box — y'all'll spend more than to buy a robot that handles your chores, just you'll gain costless time as a result.

Are Cleaning Robots Worth Information technology?

Some cleaning robots are more than hype than help. For example, the window-cleaning robot that also scrubs tile sounds amazing, but the reviews say information technology's not nearly every bit helpful as they'd hoped. That's how floor cleaning robots were in the beginning, likewise. Now, they've improved so much they're indispensable. So maybe window-cleaning robots will get at that place one day soon?

The cleaning robots below are ones I've bought to use in my ain home. Every bit you'll see, I started with low-end ones because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I turned out not to utilize much. Equally I got used to letting robots exercise some of my housework, I felt improve about upgrading to fancier models for daily employ. Now I use the older ones to clean my office, and they're all the same going strong.

What Can Cleaning Robots Practice?

Frequent vacuuming and mopping are two of the nearly important ways to reduce household dust. Just who wants to do information technology every single day? Your robot does and, dissimilar kids, it won't ask for treats or look payment.

If you're willing to start with college-stop models, cleaning robots can map your entire dwelling house and sync with your smart home assistant. Then, you can merely tell your Alexa or Google Home device to mop the kitchen after dinner, for instance, or vacuum the entryway where the kids but tracked in clay. Or, run them manually with the printing of a push or program them to operate on a schedule.

Who Needs Cleaning Robots?

Obviously, people who don't have the time to clean their floors — or who absolutely hate doing it — volition love turning over the task to a robot or two. But those aren't the only ones who can benefit from using a cleaning robot.

Cleaning robots are fantastic for older people or those with physical limitations! I bought my robots because I take severe arthritis in both hands. When I'yard having a flare-up, information technology's most impossible to keep my floors or cat's litterbox clean. I gave one to my mom for her 79th birthday considering the older she got, the harder it was for her to push a vacuum. She loved watching her robot zoom around cleaning while she did crossword puzzles.

People with bad backs or knees tin can benefit from using a cleaning robot. Almost vacuum or mopping robots have low profiles, which ways they tin become below furniture you lot might otherwise skip. You know, like under your bed. If y'all've got a bad dorsum, it's wonderful not having to bend over to clear out those grit bunnies.

And if y'all're struggling with finding the motivation to clean your house, a robot can plough things effectually. Rather than watching your home grow more chaotic and chaotic, yous can plough over vacuuming and mopping to your robots. It's pretty remarkable how that can help.

How Long Do Cleaning Robots Accept to Work?

Cleaning robots accept longer to vacuum or mop your floors than it would take to do it yourself. Only that's time that you lot aren't spending on those chores. That means you're gratuitous to do other things — or goose egg at all. It takes the robot vacuum in my home roughly 2 hours to clean the main flooring's 1600 square feet, which is a mixture of hard floor and surface area rugs. The mopping robot takes about half that time.

I've scheduled my main floor's cleaning robots to run afterwards I've finished my daily cleaning routine and have headed to my domicile function for work. By the time I'thou done for the twenty-four hour period, my house is spotless. It'due south awesome.

How Often Should You Run a Cleaning Robot?

If you accept a robot vacuum, information technology'due south piece of cake to keep up with the general rule of cleaning wall-to-wall weekly and high-traffic areas at least once mid-week. With kids or pets, your loftier-traffic areas might even need daily cleaning to keep dirt from permanently staining carpeting or scratching hard floors.

Owning a robot vacuum with mapping technology lets you lot schedule information technology to clean entire rooms and also bear upon up specific areas more than often. Y'all tin can likewise sync a robot mop to run immediately after the vacuum. For entry-level robot vacuums, y'all can run them daily but be sure to empty and maintain them regularly.

My Favorite Robot Vacuums

When I bought my first vacuuming robot back in 2012, it was unbearably loud, got stuck on curtains and toys, and cost what felt like a small fortune. It also died subsequently a year. I waited vi years to supercede that thing, and the technology improved quite a lot by the time I bought my next one.

Entry Level Robot Vacuum

So, in 2018, I got this iLife robot vacuum that cost half of what I'd paid for my commencement one. Information technology's a groovy trivial vacuum robot that's still going stiff 3 years later. I like its low profile and how easy information technology is to clean. It comes with spare side brushes and a spare HEPA filter, which is helpful since you need to switch filters every few months. Dissimilar my original robot vacuum, the iLife has never got stuck on a string or tried to swallow my curtains.

Cocky-Cleaning Robot Vacuum

All the time at home in 2022 meant messier floors than ever. I'd forget to run the robot vacuum and, since I hadn't run information technology, I couldn't run the robot mop, either. Later seeing a Blackness Friday deal, I upgraded to the iRobot Roomba i7+, a robot vacuum that's cocky-cleaning and maps my firm. Now, I can tell it to do specific rooms daily and other rooms less often. And, since I got it as part of a bundle, the mopping robot runs as soon every bit the vacuum is done. I don't accept to remember a thing!

This model of Roomba is lots quieter than either of my previous robot vacuums, except when the bin is emptying, and then it sounds like an old-fashioned vacuum cleaner. Then, now the iLife robot vacuum is in charge of cleaning my basement home office every few days. It yet does a fantastic job!

My Floor-Mopping Robots

Mopping is one of my to the lowest degree favorite chores. But, considering I accept hard floor everywhere and both pets and kids, frequent mopping is crucial to keeping my home clean. I was thrilled to turn this task over to a robot.

Entry-Level Robot Mop

When I saw this robot mopping the floors of a local store, I had to have i. I beloved that the iRobot Braava 380t mops almost silently in overlapping Y-shapes since that removes twice equally much clay. And the pads are washable. Then, unlike Swiffers, you don't have to buy new pads every time yous clean. Fifty-fifty amend, y'all can employ any mild cleaning product in it — including my homemade floor cleaner.

Smart Mapping Robot Mop

When I upgraded my robot vacuum, I decided to upgrade my mop, besides. My showtime i is still working fine, but I kept forgetting to run the mop every bit soon equally the robot vacuum finished. And with hard flooring, you've got to exercise them ane after the other, or the mop volition plough any dust on the floor into streaks. So now it cleans my office, too.

Then I upgraded to a wi-fi connected mopping robot with mapping technology. Now, as soon as my robot vacuum finishes its task, the iRobot Braava m6 mop heads to work. Unlike the 380t, this one doesn't make clean in a Y-shape, but it makes overlapping back-and-forth motions, so squirts a spray of floor cleaner on the adjacent spot and keeps going. Information technology also has washable pads, or y'all can buy disposable ones if you prefer.

Tips for Using a Floor Mopping Robot

  • Deal with clay outset. You'd vacuum or sweep earlier using a regular mop, and should do so with the robot mop, too. If you're buying a pair of cleaning robots, make certain they work together and that they both have smart mapping technology. (This is the bundle I bought.*)
  • Employ it often. Any mop will leave streaks if your flooring is filthy. That's truthful with a robot mop, likewise. The more than ofttimes yous utilize it, the less mess information technology has to clean, and the happier you'll be with the results.
  • Don't worry most floor mats, carpeting, toys, defunction, or cords. New robot mops will scoot around them. Mine doesn't fifty-fifty mess with my fake cowhide rug.

Living the Dream

With all of these cleaning robots doing my least-favorite chores, y'all might think I practice nothing simply sit around watching Netflix these days. I wish. I'thousand still waiting for someone to invent a robot that dusts and cleans bathrooms. Until and then, I'll content myself with knowing I've got the best cleaning robots on my team and so much more complimentary time thanks to them.